Kinds of visa for Vietnam
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Vietnam is a lovely country with a fascinating history. Vietnam has several serene views throughout the country that represent the country's natural beauty and scenery. The country's tourist industry has been thriving, and it is now one of the most important contributors to the economy. All travel restrictions have been eliminated as well. As more individuals travel to Vietnam, the need for Vietnam visas is expected to rise. If you plan on visiting Vietnam, you will need a visa to enter the country. There are a variety of visas available for entry into Vietnam, depending on the purpose of your visit. Before you leave, it is essential to comprehend your legal standing and all of the available Vietnam visas in order to select the appropriate visa for your visit and avoid any complications.
Why do foreigners need a visa for Vietnam?
To access and exit Vietnam's international boundaries, the majority of foreign nationals require a visa. If you do not have a Vietnam visa, you will not be able to enter the country. To visit Vietnam, citizens of some countries do not need to apply for a visa.
DL, DN1, DN2, NG, DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4, LS, DH, LV, LD1, LD2, HN, PV1, TT, and SQ are 21 main categories of Vietnam visas based on the purpose of visit.
Types of Vietnam visa
Tourist Vietnam visa, DL
- The tourist visa is issued to those who are visiting Vietnam only for tourism. They are not here to perform any other activities.
- Your tourist visa will be valid for 30 days and if you want further stay then you will have to extend your Vietnam visa.
- You can also apply for a Vietnam 1 year multiple entry visa if you are planning to make multiple trips to Vietnam within a year.
Business Vietnam visa
- It is one of the most important and popular Vietnam visas. You can also take a leisure trip to Vietnam with your business visa. There are two types of business visa
- DN1 visa- this visa is granted to those who are going to perform their business activities here in accordance with the law of Vietnam.
- DN2 visa- this visa is granted to those who are going to provide service or conduct business activities with a Vietnam organization.
Student/Internship Vietnam visa, DH
- This Vietnam visa is granted to students who are currently attending a college and associated with a university in Vietnam or doing an internship here.
Working Vietnam visa, LD1&LD2
- This Vietnam visa is granted to those who have come to Vietnam to work. Your company where you will be working is required to apply for an LD visa approval letter.
- The validity for this visa is 2 years. If you are planning to stay here for further years then you will have to apply for an LD temporary residence card that will be valid for up to 2 years.
- A work permit is one of the most important documents that is required to obtain this visa.
Investor Vietnam visa
- This Vietnam visa is granted to those who are planning to invest in Vietnam. There are four investor visas depending upon the capital amount decided by the government.
- Investors entering with their visas can receive a temporary residence certificate with a stay period of visa validity.
- DT1- total capital $4.3 million, valid up to 5 years
- DT2- total capital $2.15-4.4 million, valid up to 5 years
- DT3- total capital $132000-2.3 million, valid up to 3 years
- DT4- total capital $132000, valid up to 2 years
Diplomatic Vietnam visa, NG
- This Vietnam visa is granted to government officials, or the delegation visiting Vietnam.
- It is also provided to citizens who are accompanying these officers and high-ranked members. This visa is valid for up to 12 months
Lawyer Vietnam Visa, LS
- This Vietnam visa has a validity period of a maximum of 5 years.
- This visa is used when working with Vietnam authorities or parties.
- It has a validity period of a maximum of 12 months.
- NH1, NH2, NH3, NH4
- These Vietnam visas are used when a foreigner has to deal with Vietnam authorities.
- They have a validity period of 12 months
- It is used for meeting or conference purposes.
- It is valid for 3 months.
3. PV1, PV2
- These Vietnam visas are used by journalists.
- They come with a validity period of 12 months.
- This is provided to other Vietnam visa holders who are spouses of citizens of Vietnam and is valid for 12 months.
- This is a family visit Vietnam visa with a maximum validity of 6 months.
- This Vietnam visa is given in accordance with the Article 17 clause of Vietnam law and is valid for 6 months.
- This is an electronic visa that is valid for 30 days.
Types of Vietnam Visas based on Stay Length and Validity
Vietnam visas are often classified into the following categories based on this criterion:
- Visa for a single entry of one month
- Multiple entry visa for one month.
- 3-month visa with only one entry
- Multiple entry visa for 3 months
- Multiple entry visa for 6 months
- Multiple entrance visa for one year
ALSO READ: VIETNAM VISA FOR STUDENT
Five years Vietnam visa
A five-year Vietnam visa exemption permits you to visit a country many times without having to apply for a Vietnam visa each time. If you plan to visit Vietnam several times, obtaining a visa exemption certificate is the best option. It can be exhausting to apply for a visa every time you visit Vietnam, especially if you are visiting Vietnam to see family or friends. If you are a Vietnamese student or worker residing overseas, this Vietnam visa will come in handy because you will be traveling frequently.
Types of Visa Exemption Certificate
A stamped certificate
To allow foreigners and Vietnamese citizens who are currently residing abroad to enter Vietnam, a visa exemption certificate is stamped on their passports.
Such a visa exemption certificate is provided to Vietnamese citizens who are presently living abroad under a permanent resident permit overseen by foreign authorities, as well as holders of passports from other nations with which Vietnam does not share any kind of diplomatic relations.
You should be aware of all the visas available to foreigners based on the information provided above. Each Vietnam visa is given to you for the specific purpose of your visit. Your visa will not allow you to travel for more than one purpose. You will be denied entry into Vietnam if you do not have a visa. Check out and apply for a visa here.