Preferred seasons to travel to Vietnam
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Vietnam's climate is extremely variable. The climate shifts from temperate to tropical as one travels from north to south. While Vietnam is a year-round destination due to its diversity, the best time to visit the country would be the spring season, when the days are generally nice, the temperatures are reasonable, and the rainfall is mild. During the rest of the year, tropical monsoons bring torrential rains and flooding, while summer days can be oppressively humid and sticky due to excessive temperatures.
The ideal time to go to Vietnam is contingent on whatever regions of the country you wish to visit. Unless you want to be caught in a daily downpour or aren't bothered by hot temperatures and heavy humidity.
Best time to travel to Vietnam
1. Best time to travel to North Vietnam
- From December through February, North Vietnam suffers cold, dry winters with nightly temperatures as low as 4°C.
- The summer months (May to August) are frequently hot and humid.
- Spring and fall are the finest times to visit northern Vietnam because the days are often pleasant and sunny.
2. Best time to travel to Central Vietnam
- During the rainy season, the central Vietnamese coast is frequently hammered by typhoons. Although it's difficult to say when these severe rains and hurricane-like gusts may affect coastal cities like Hoi An, typhoon season typically runs from August to November.
- The rainy season normally ends in February, when higher temperatures and more sunshine can be expected. While the weather in Central Vietnam is good from February to August, sunny 30°C days are the norm in July and August.
3. Best time to travel to South Vietnam
- South Vietnam has warm, pleasant weather all year, making it ideal for travel at any time.
- The dry season lasts from December to May, with the rainy season lasting from June to November. rain normally falls in brief spurts and has little effect on transport.
- When majestic thunderheads float across the Mekong Delta and rice fields turn a vivid emerald green, the monsoon season is frequently the ideal time for photography. From March to May, however, some people may find the heat uncomfortable.
ALSO READ: MUST VISIT PLACES IN VIETNAM
Best Season to travel to Vietnam
1. Summer season in Vietnam
The summer season begins in May and lasts until August.
- Temperatures in northern Vietnam reached a high of 30 degrees Celsius, with temperatures in central and southern Vietnam reaching 40 degrees.
- During this season, the entire south is moist, with pockets of luxuriant foliage and heatwaves. This is arguably Vietnam's wettest and warmest season.
- In August, there is a Ghost Festival that you should not miss.
- The finest time to explore the northern highlands is during the rainy season when the mild rains create a lively mood among the lush greenery.
- During the summer, the most attractive destinations to visit in Vietnam are Hue and Hoi An.
- Carry a waterproof, light rain jacket to protect yourself from the heat and rain.
2. Winter season in Vietnam
The winter season begins in December and lasts through February.
- Throughout the country, temperatures range from 20 to 26 degrees Celsius.
- In the south and north of Vietnam, the winters are extremely dry, with little or no rainfall. Rainfall and traces of snow are present in far northern places such as Sapa.
- During the Tet festival, there are numerous dragon dances, fireworks, and musical performances throughout the country that you should not miss.
- It is the greatest season to visit southern and northern Vietnam because there is less rain and the temperatures are much cooler.
- There is snowfall in the Sapa area, so if you enjoy the snow, make your way there.
- In the winter, bring all of your warm clothing to Vietnam because the temperatures might dip to dangerously low levels. Also, if you wish to visit attractions in the Hanoi area, bring light clothing.
3. Spring season in Vietnam
The spring season begins in February and lasts through April.
- Temperatures in southern and central Vietnam range from 20 to 30 degrees Celsius, with highs of 40 degrees Celsius in March. Central Vietnam has the same temperature as the rest of the country. Temperatures in North Vietnam, on the other hand, can drop to as low as 10 degrees Celsius.
- In Southern Vietnam, it's hot and humid. It is particularly cool in Central Vietnam. In North Vietnam, however, the days are particularly cold, with some wet days and temperatures plunging to below freezing at times.
- During this time, the Vietnamese New Year, or Tet Festival, is celebrated.
- It's the ideal season to visit the southern beaches and islands of Vietnam, such as the Phu Quoc and Con Dao Archipelagos, as well as the Dalat waterfalls. In Central Vietnam, you may also explore the old town of Hoi An and the beaches of Nha Trang.
- Despite the high humidity, there will be no rain throughout this time.
- If you intend to travel to northern Vietnam, bring warm clothing.
4. Autumn season in Vietnam
Autumn begins in September and lasts until the end of November.
- During Autumn, the average temperature in Vietnam is between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius.
- In central Vietnam, this is the rainy season's climax. It is somewhat cold in northern Vietnam, with a humid climate in southern Vietnam.
- You should not miss the folklore event and the National Day.
- It is the finest time to visit South Vietnam because all of the rains have dried up and the weather is cool, making it ideal for visiting areas like Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta.
- This is the finest season to go hiking in the Sapa mountain ranges in the far north.
You now know what the weather conditions are in various parts of Vietnam. You can visit Vietnam throughout a variety of seasons, depending on your preferences. The nicest and most desirable season is spring because the weather is ideal and the days are warm and reasonable. There is no right or wrong time to travel to Vietnam; the weather and corresponding activities are year-round, making it a great destination at any time. However, keep in mind that during some times of the year prices can be higher and there may be more people around. Here are some things to consider when planning your trip.
ALSO READ: HOW TO APPLY VIETNAM FOR SAMOA