best season to visit vietnam
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
Vietnam is a well-known tourist hotspot in any season. Summer is the greatest time to visit the ghost festival and enjoy the nice and warm weather. If you want to see northern Vietnam, travel during the winter.
Vietnam's climate is extremely variable. The climate shifts from temperate to tropical as one travels from north to south. While Vietnam is a year-round destination due to its diversity, the best time to visit the country would be the spring season, when the days are generally nice, the temperatures are reasonable, and the rainfall is mild. During the rest of the year, tropical monsoons bring torrential rains and flooding.
The ideal time to go to Vietnam is contingent on whatever regions of the country you wish to visit. Unless you want to be caught in a daily downpour or aren't bothered by hot temperatures and heavy humidity.
Best Season to travel to Vietnam
1. Summer season in Vietnam
- The summer season begins in May and lasts until August. Temperatures in northern Vietnam reached a high of 30 degrees Celsius, with temperatures in central and southern Vietnam reaching 40 degrees.
- During this season, the entire south is moist, with pockets of luxuriant foliage and heatwaves. This is arguably Vietnam's wettest and warmest season.
- In August, there is a Ghost Festival that you should not miss.
- The finest time to explore the northern highlands is during the rainy season when the mild rains create a lively mood among the lush greenery.
- During the summer season, the most attractive destinations to visit in Vietnam are Hue and Hoi An. Carry a waterproof, light rain jacket to protect yourself from the heat and rain.
ALSO READ: VISA ON ARRIVAL PROCEDURES FOR VIETNAM
2. Winter season in Vietnam
- The winter season begins in December and lasts through February. Throughout the country, temperatures range from 20 to 26 degrees Celsius.
- In the south and north of Vietnam, the winters are extremely dry, with little or no rainfall. Rainfall and traces of snow are present in far northern places such as Sapa.
- During the Tet festival, there are numerous dragon dances, fireworks, and musical performances throughout the country that you should not miss.
- It is the greatest season to visit southern and northern Vietnam because there is less rain and the temperatures are much cooler.
- There is snowfall in the Sapa area, so if you enjoy the snow, make your way there. In the winter, bring all of your warm clothing to Vietnam because the temperatures might dip to dangerously low levels. Also, if you wish to visit attractions in the Hanoi area, bring light clothing.
3. Spring season in Vietnam
- The spring season begins in February and lasts through April. Temperatures in southern and central Vietnam range from 20 to 30 degrees Celsius, with highs of 40 degrees Celsius in March. Central Vietnam has the same temperature as the rest of the country. Temperatures in North Vietnam, on the other hand, can drop to as low as 10 degrees Celsius.
- In Southern Vietnam, it's hot and humid. It is particularly cool in Central Vietnam. In North Vietnam, however, the days are particularly cold, with some wet days and temperatures plunging to below freezing at times.
- During this time, the Vietnamese New Year, or Tet Festival, is celebrated.
- It's the ideal season to visit the southern beaches and islands of Vietnam, such as the Phu Quoc and Con Dao Archipelagos, as well as the Dalat waterfalls. In Central Vietnam, you may also explore the old town of Hoi An and the beaches of Nha Trang.
- Despite the high humidity, there will be no rain throughout this time. If you intend to travel to northern Vietnam, bring warm clothing.
4. Autumn season in Vietnam
- The Autumn season begins in September and lasts until the end of November. During autumn, the average temperature in Vietnam is between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius.
- In central Vietnam, this is the rainy season's climax. It is somewhat cold in northern Vietnam, with a humid climate in southern Vietnam.
- You should not miss the folklore event and the National Day. It is the finest time to visit South Vietnam because all of the rains have dried up and the weather is cool, making it ideal for visiting areas like Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta.
- This is the finest season to go hiking in the Sapa mountain ranges in the far north.
The above information has provided you with a basic understanding of the Vietnamese season. You can select the time and season that best suits your needs. If you prefer warm weather, come in the summer and if you despise extreme hot days, come in the winter season. You can visit Vietnam throughout a variety of seasons, depending on your preferences. The nicest and most desirable season is spring because the weather is ideal and the days are warm and reasonable.