Visa for tourism in Vietnam
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
A visa is a vital document that foreign nationals must have in order to enter any country. If you wish to visit Vietnam, you'll need a Vietnam visa. You will be granted a tourist visa or business visa depending on the reason for your visit. One of the most common visas for Vietnam is the tourist visa. It's required if you want to visit Vietnam as a tourist and experience the country's tourist attractions, such as its lovely beaches, stunning landscapes, famous monuments, museums, and so on. You can also use a tourist visa to pay a visit to relatives and friends who live in Vietnam. So check the articles to know more about Vietnam Visa and its policies.
Types of Vietnam tourist visas:
Only those who are visiting Vietnam for tourism will be granted a Vietnam tourist visa. Other activities will not be permitted. The following categories of tourist visas are divided based on the validity and purpose of your visit to Vietnam.
Visa with a single entry
- Visa for a single entry of one month.
- Visa for a single entry for three months.
Visa with several entries
- Visa with multiple entries for one month.
- Visa with multiple entries for three months.
- If your tourist visa in Vietnam is valid for longer than 30 days, you will be given a 30-day temporary residency stamp.
- You can apply to renew your visa or extend your Vietnam tourist visa here if you still want to stay in Vietnam.
Information required for Vietnam tourist visa
- Your full name as per your passport
- Your date of birth in the format provided
- Your country of origin
- Your gender
- Your passport number
- Date of arrival
Documents required for Vietnam tourist visa
- Passport with a validity of six months
- A passport-sized photograph with a clean white backdrop is required. Make sure you don't have any glasses or other headwear on, such as a scarf or wig.
- Vietnam tourist visa application.
- Proof of visa fees paid
- Any other documents that are required
How to get a Vietnam tourist visa
You apply for a Vietnam tourist visa through the following methods:
Consulate or embassy
- You can always contact the Vietnam embassy in your country to learn more about the requirements and details of the Vietnam tourist visa application process.
- Following your review of everything, you will be needed to submit all relevant information about yourself as well as other papers. After that, you'll have to wait for your tourist visa to be processed.
- Then you must retrieve your passport and await the visa decision. If your Vietnam visa application gets approved by the embassy, we will further notify you and the Vietnam visa will be stamped on your passport, and you will be ready to enter Vietnamese territory.
- Depending on the cause of your visit, you may also need to submit a letter of approval from Vietnam's immigration service.
- The embassy will be determining how long it could take to process a Vietnam visa.
Using an online system
- Fill out the online application form on the official website to apply for a tourist Vietnam E-visa. All needed information and documentation, such as your complete name, date of birth, passport number, gender, visa type, nationality, and arrival date, must be filled in. Make certain that all of the information and documents you've provided are accurate and up to date. This is a crucial step in receiving an approval letter.
- After completing the application, you must make the needed payments using your debit/credit cards or bank transfers.
- As soon as you submit your application and make all of the required payments, authorities will begin the procedure of processing your Vietnam tourist visa. The approval letter will be mailed to you in two days. It's a good idea to print it and keep it with your passport in case you need to show it at the airport.
- For a single entry, a Vietnam visa will remain valid for 30 days.
- A tourist Vietnam E-visa usually takes three days to get process.
Obtaining a tourist visa on arrival
- If you decide to enter through one of Vietnam's international airports, you will be granted a Vietnam tourist visa on arrival.
- To begin, you will be making a submission for an application for a permission letter. Fill out the online application with all of the required information. Pay the fees and then wait for the application to be processed.
- Your permission letter for a Vietnam tourist visa will be mailed to you, a copy will be sent to the immigration office at the port where you are supposed to be arriving.
- You'll need four passport-size photos as well as some cash in hand to pay the necessary stamping expenses.
- The letter of acceptance for a Vietnam tourist visa on arrival takes roughly 2-4 days to process.
If you wish to apply for a Vietnam tourist visa, you must read all of the material listed above. You have the option of applying for a tourist visa through an embassy, applying for a tourist visa through an online system, or applying for a tourist visa on arrival. A tourist visa for Vietnam is easy to obtain. You must ensure that you have provided all of the necessary information and documentation to ensure a smooth application procedure.