French citizens apply for Vietnam visa
- Author- Shruti
- Publish Date-
For French people, Vietnam is a nice place to visit and a well-known vacation destination. Beautiful landscapes, mind-blowing architecture, and historic and cultural qualities are enough to draw visitors from France to Vietnam. It is also one of the few Asian countries to be a member of the International de la Francophonie, an organization that represents the majority of French-speaking people. French nationals must obtain a Vietnam visa to travel and participate in exciting activities in Vietnam. They can apply for any visa Vietnam offers based on their preferences. They can readily obtain them by visiting any official website on the internet or visiting the embassy in person.
Vietnam visa exemption for French Nationals
- If you're only going to Vietnam for 15 days, you won't require a visa for Vietnam.
- You can also get a five-year visa exemption from Vietnam is a form of Vietnam visa that is usually provided to Vietnamese residents living outside of the nation, as well as family members of Vietnamese citizens living overseas. Foreigners who are relatives or friends of Vietnamese nationals are also eligible. It is also referred to as a visa exemption certificate.
Vietnam visa types
Vietnam has a total of 21 visas available for various purposes. Some popular Vietnam visas for French Nationals are as followed below
ALSO READ: VIETNAM VISA FOR COLOMBIA
Tourist Vietnam visa for a French National
- This tourist visa is issued to those french citizens who are visiting Vietnam only for tourism. Your tourist visa will be valid for 30 days and if you want further stay then you will have to extend your Vietnam visa.
Business Vietnam visa for a French National
- This Vietnam visa is issued to those French Nationals who might make business deals. You can also take a leisure trip to Vietnam with your business visa.
Student Vietnam visa for a French National
- This Vietnam visa is granted to French scholars who are presently attending a college and associated with a university in Vietnam or doing an internship here.
Working Vietnam visa for a French National
- This Vietnam visa is granted to those who have come to Vietnam to work. The validity for this visa is 2 years. A work permit is one of the most important documents that is required to obtain this visa.
Investor Vietnam visa for French National
- This Vietnam visa is granted to those who are planning to invest in Vietnam. Investors entering with their visas can receive a temporary residence certificate with a stay period of visa validity.
Documents necessary for a Vietnam visa
Following are the Vietnam visa requirements for German Nationals
- A passport that is still valid for Six months with enough blank pages to receive stamps when you appear at the airport.
- Photos that are passport size and have a clear background without any head accessories and glasses.
- To receive your Vietnam visa on approval bring a colored print copy of your letter of approval with you to the airport.
- Your application form for your Vietnam visa.
- Your work permit letter to receive your Vietnam work visa.
- To pay the asked fees, you might want to have enough money in cash.
- To share information, a valid email address is required.
- Your entry and exit application form will be asked for.
- Debit and credit cards that are still valid.
- Additional documentation and papers are necessary.
The process to apply for a Vietnam visa for French Nationals
Apply through the Vietnamese embassy in France
- The procedure to acquire your Vietnam visa for French Nationals begins when you present your application form and passport to the Vietnam embassy.
- When you arrive, you will be requested to present the essential documents and fill out the appropriate information.
- You will be required to supply information about the purpose of your visit as well as the type of Vietnam visa you are applying for and the length of time you intend to stay.
- Before submitting, double-check that the papers you've provided are accurate and suitable.
- Pay all fees associated with your application for a Vietnam visa for French Nationals, as well as any additional services that may be required.
- Depending on where you apply, the procedure and some policies concerning costs may differ.
Apply for a Vietnam Online visa
Vietnam E-visa for French Nationals
- The procedure to get a Vietnam E-visa for a French National begins when you complete an online application on the official portal, supplying all of the requested information.
- You will be required to submit your full name, birthplace, nationality, gender, arrival date, and other pertinent information.
- After that, you must pay the application fees, after which they will be sent to the authorities for further processing.
- In three days, you will receive a clearance letter for your Vietnam E-visa for French Nationals in the mail.
- Once you've finished submitting all of the required documents and fees, your application will be processed and you'll be able to download your Vietnam E-visa in a matter of days.
- It's a 30-day single-entry visa.
Vietnam visa on approval for French Nationals
- If you enter through one of Vietnam's international airports, you will be granted a visa on arrival for French Nationals.
- To begin, you must apply for a permission letter. Fill out the online application for a Vietnam visa on arrival providing all of the required information.
- Pay the fees for your Vietnam visa and then wait for the application to be processed.
- Your permission letter will be mailed to you, with a copy sent to the immigration office at the port where you are expected to arrive.
- The letter of acceptance for a Vietnam visa on arrival takes roughly 2-4 days to process.
- Bring your Visa approval letter to the airport to get the official Vietnam visa.
- You will have 90 days of eligibility.
Things to consider in Vietnam
- Make sure that you're taking all of the COVID-19 related precautions.
- Keep a copy of your identity certificate on hand to present to authorities in the event of an emergency.
- If you don't have a valid driver's license, don't drive.
- Because Vietnam is a conservative culture, avoid wearing low-cut or revealing clothing to temples.
- Don't become too tipsy and venture out alone at night.
- Drug offenses carry harsh penalties. If you're caught with even a small portion of any kind of drug, you could face serious consequences.
- It is illegal to photograph border crossings and military sites, and doing so may result in arrest.
- Exporting antiquities from Vietnam without authorization is illegal.
- Don't get involved in political stuff unnecessarily.
ALSO READ: VOA PROCEDURES FOR VIETNAM
If you want to visit Vietnam, you'll need a visa. If you're only planning on staying for 15 days, you won't need to worry about obtaining a visa. You will be permitted to enter without a visa. If your trip is more than 15 days, you can apply for a Vietnam visa the old-fashioned way by submitting the essential information and papers to a Vietnam embassy, or you can apply for a Vietnam visa online.